Chapter 4 - The Drum Loops

 The Drum Loops

 By now and wile I was waiting to have my hands on the kaossilator, I start to re-construct some drum loops from the machine software.

WAVDJ have12 different drum loop button styles:
funk, techno, rap / hip hop, dance, jazz / blus, rock, country, alternative, pop, reggae, ragtime, world / new age, and March / polka.
Each one of this styles have 6 different drum loop patterns, this make 36 configurable drum loop patterns in total.
This drum loops are made in 64 bars but can be stretch to 128 bars or how long I want hem to go, as I can change the tempo (bpm) wile I do the beats or in real time wile I play.
Means , I can make a drum with percussions long as I want and will always loop in the bpm I want !
 Fine :)

The sound of the Drum loop is limited to 47 Percussion sounds and is no way to change this sounds, the only thing I can do with the sounds in the drums is change the volume up or down or change the patterns.
I can re-construct all the drum loops in the machine or I can delete all and start from scratch but that is a very long time consuming work !
The drums sounds are very basic, they have the basic kick , hit-hats,crash, tom, etc... and the percussions are basic like : ride bell, cowbell, vibraslap, stick, bongo, triangle, etc... but they are all inside of the same drum board and I just can use this instruments... or not, depending of the patterns I create !

You can see the drums part of the software :



And here you have the drums part in the machine, this, as you may have guest, its all working with the software but the main point is to trigger the sounds in the buttons, the software just carry the sound files to the machine, the trick is to put the sounds inside of the software program to be activated any time I click one of this buttons :)
Basic, I click the button and will play the drum loop I set up in the software ;)



In the case of the drum loops , is no other way than re-construct the drums, beat by beat !
I can not add drum loops from other sources.

 This Drum loops part is versatile but is no way to change the sound of each instrument.
The sound of drums and percussion will have to be always the same sound, I mean... the beats are different but the drum sounds are always the same .(
The only way to change this is to have drum style files in  (.sty files) or .osm files, this (.sty files are used by Yamaha korgs) but I have been looking in the web for some time and I dont see a way to get this files with drum loops other than salsa, pop, rock and other styles not applying to me.

ABOUT THE .STY FILES
This files are pre made with all the sounds and instruments.
I need this files with much more instruments and sounds.
This is the big limitation of the program (machine)

I upload 1 of the .sty files (rock) for reference in case some one can help me out.
If you have any knowledge of this type of files just let me know:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f9aqkq

No comments: